Friday, July 11, 2014

City Crafter Challenge Week 219 ~ Sunshine and Lavender

Hello Everyone!

I'm back today with another card for the City Crafter Challenge Blog. This week is Challenge #219 ~ Sunshine and Lavender. This was such a fun challenge because dark purple and bright yellow are not colours that I would have thought to put together, but once I put my game face on, I was really happy with how it turned out. That is the great thing about such a fantastic challenge, it makes you step outside your comfort zone and discover new and exciting things. Hope you enjoy!



The backgrounds, ribbon and flowers are all hand done and were coloured with Tim Holtz distress inks Dusty Concord and Mustard Seed.


I made the butterfly from a silicone mold.

For the last two shots, I really zoomed in. I spritzed the entire card with Lindy's Stamp Gang Scintillating Silver Glitz and everything is glistening. The pictures really don't capture how sparkly everything is.


Dies: Sizzix-ornate frame 2, Memory Box-honeysuckle vine, Joy Crafts-flower 1
Stamps: Martha Stewart-stamp around the page, Rubbernecker-victorian floral
Handmade: the background and all of the flowers except the little white rose
From My Stash: sprigs, stamen clusters, beads, lace, raffia and seam binding


Here is the inspiration photo:


The host of this week's challenge and guest designer at City Crafters is Karasiowa. She is such a talented lady and her work is just amazing. I highly recommend you go over and check out her blog. Here is the card she designed to inspire us all. Isn't it fantastic!



That's it for today, thanks for stopping in! If you have any questions, please let me know.



12 comments:

  1. What a stunning card, love your elements & embellishments !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sid and welcome to My Little Craft Things!!

      Delete
  2. Oh my this is stunning and so very beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ros. I had a lot of fun with this one!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful shabby layered card! Thanks so much for playing this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Charlene! This was a great challenge!

      Delete
  4. I finally found your blog – I am impressed with your projects. Thank you for recommending me and Polish challenge blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anna! That means a lot to me, coming from such a talented woman as you!!

      Delete